400 Westside Mixed-Use development consist of 156 apartment units and 21,000 SF of retail space at the intersection of Schuylkill Road (S.R. 0023)/Rapps Dam Road/Mowere Road in East Pikeland Township, Chester County, PA. McMahon was tasked with the HOP and traffic signal engineering services for this project. Preliminary engineering began in December 2014 with construction completed in Spring 2017. Roadway construction costs were approximately $1.2M and the improvements included the following:
• Two proposed site accesses onto Schuylkill Road (S.R. 0023).
• Realignment of Rapps Dam Road and Mowere Road at the intersection with S.R. 0023, including installation of auxiliary turn lanes.
• Widening of S.R. 0023 for auxiliary turn lanes onto Rapps Dam Road and Mowere Road.
• Installation of a curbed 5-foot wide bike lane in both directions on S.R. 0023 for the length of the improvements.
• Full-width mill and overlay of S.R. 0023 for the length of improvements.
• Modification to the existing traffic signal at S.R. 0023/Rapps Dam Road/Mowere Road.
• Installation of 14 curb ramps and a new SEPTA bus stop and shelter.